Thursday, August 28, 2008

T D # 8

This hurricane season is starting to wear me out. I dodged the bullets of Fay and Gustav by a few hundred miles. Today I find an upgraded tropical wave, now to be known as TD # 8.
This one is about five days from me, as I'm located in Nassau Bahamas. TD #8 might change status again today to tropical storm Hanna as it continues it's development.
The tacking models show a path that is to wide for me to safely say I can stay here and hope it passes to the north, while it, maybe, tracts to the north east making for the area around Bermuda. I hope the weather guru's have more definitive track forecast later today. I may have to start sailing for Miami or Cuba tomorrow if things don't become more favorable.
Other news, good and not so good. Not so good a moment of inattention while maneuvering through a five mile coral/rock area in ten/twelve foot of water I hit something with my starboard prop. The three blades of the prop where all bent, how nice. I won't put you to sleep explaining all the details, but the good news is that after three days of effort I will dive down today and install the repaired prop.
I have been having a lot of fun with sailing (live aboard) families and friends. Last night was a home made sushi dinner at Jan N Wes Catamaran, Dances with Dolphins. We were eight adults and one very cute 3 year old girl, all from four boats. She only speaks Spanish since she, her mom and dad are from Argentina but she stole the show.
Been snorkeling every day and have bagged a few lobster and grouper, umm.
Tonight we will all get together for a joint birthday party, we will celebrate Jan, Carla's and mine; no one is talking about ages for some reason.
Mark

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: