Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day Light

Things always look better in the morning, this morning looks fine. The feeder bands with their high wind and blinding rain have stopped for the moment. The wind is out of the south at 30 with gust to forty so I'm still pinned down here at Alice town. I'm getting cabin fever, I'd like to put the dink down and go to town but it's just to windy for that.
Bimini is about two hundred miles from the center of the low yet the bands are reaching out beyond Bimini all the way to Nassau, about three hundred miles from the center.

There was a small, about 22 foot, run about moored a few hundred feet behind me, close enough to walk ashore that sank sometime in the night. Looking around town I see people moving about on foot and golf carts. I don't see any wind or water damage on land from here. There is one sport fishing boat, about fifty foot, that is tied up in the marina next to where I'm anchored, it has damage to it's freeboard and rub rail on the port side.
I saw on CNN that there is a significant wave off the African cost. The wifi is down here so I can't get on weather underground to see what is being said about it; if anyone reading this has some info on that wave please let me know.
If conditions out here improve overnight I will sail for Nassau in the morning.
Mark

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: