Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bimini-Nassau

Finally under way, 12 miles east of Bimini in bright sun and 25 kts out of the SW. The sea in these shallow waters of the Bahama Banks are three foot, short duration, so very bumpy.
Both engines on at low power with the jib out making 8.5 kts. The wind chafed a starboard side lazy jack through, so I can't use the main sail till I get to Nassau and make the repair. It's about 95 miles down to Nassau. All the other systems on board are in the green.
It's a great day and I'm having fun.
Mark

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

2 comments:

Vaughn said...

Hi Mark

Fantastic blog. Like the sailmail access. Wonder if it would be possible to get some more details about your route from mia to bimini ? I have friends who want to make the run this november in their 30ft classic Chris.

Unknown said...

Mark where are you? email me,first mate, Robert