Wednesday, April 19, 2006

28 Miles NE of Nassau

ZCZC SEAMAIL Ship v6.0 Xaxero Software
MAIL FOR: ships log
TRACKING: 1246576928
Wednesday, April, 19, 2006, 18:18 UTC
28 Mi NE of Nassau

Captains log:
17:45 and I'm about 30 miles NW of New Providence, sea is one foot with light wind on the bows. It's about 85 degrees F and 79 water temp. The sky is high thin cumulus. The forecast is for a minor cold front passage in about two hours although I don't see any sign of that. All systems are in the green.
I came off the banks at NW channel light about two hours ago and saw there, just at the drop off, three pods of pilot whales. I haven't seen them in these waters before so I looked them up in my fish book. They were feeding there and were not as active as the Dolphin I'm use to seeing. These whales were staying on the surface for long periods and they may have been about ten feet long.
My ETA to Nassau Harbor is 22:00 since I have only had four hours sleep in the last twenty four; I know what I will be doing as soon as the anchor is set.
I have guest to pick up at noon so the hustle will be on in the morning.
Mark

No comments: