Monday, September 01, 2008

Hanna

This morning I discovered that I'm not receiving emails,I know this since when I requests weather reports I get no reply, also I normally get about ten emails each day. I seem to be able to send so I thought, Id get a log entry out to let people know I'm alright and I'm not ignoring them.
I made it to Chub Cay uneventfully, anchored there for a peaceful night in 20 kts from the north. This morning I watched Sat TV for Hanna news, which they are still not covering very well. I did see the cone of confusion, the track, such as it is, and decided to take off again, this time heading west for Gun Cay/Bimini and maybe even Miami.
This 85 mile passage is so far, really good, with 20-25 kts from the north while I'm sailing west. I have been averaging 9 kts, with a top speed of 11.9 kts. I'll make Gun Cay by 17:00 today, if the Gulf Stream looks ok I'll sail for Miami probably arriving around 24:00. If the stream looks bad (most likely) I'll stay in the Bimini chain for the passage of Hanna.
I will post another entry tonight and hope it gets out.
Mark

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: