Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Coconut Grove

Saw my car yesterday for the first time in eight weeks; always wonder if it will be here when I finally get back to Miami. Towing/impounding cars is a municipal sport here, (big money) their competitors, "car thief's", want the money too; they just announce themselves more honorably. I wonder why I keep the hassle of it but it's sure nice to go where you want, when you want, without reliance on taxies and jitneys.
Miami dodged the bullet of direct hits from four storms so far this season, but they did get a fair amount of wind as evidenced by the two sunken sailboats I see near to where I usually anchor.
Yesterday was the first day in a month and a half that the tropics were quite; no waves or depressions all the way back to Africa, how nice.
Mark

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: