Saturday, February 16, 2008

Back in Miami

Arrived back in the Grove after a pleasant trip up from Nassau sailing at a good clip most of the way.
Sailing in view of fuel cost ranging between four and five dollars a gallon becomes more then fun its cost effective. I find myself sailing in light air much more when I would otherwise have just motored.
Miami is a beehive of activity (traffic Jams) parking issues, there's the boat and art show plus something else I can't remember going on over this three day week end.
I have about three weeks off starting now which is very unusual but I'll take it while I can and enjoy my self.
The weather is very fine so it's off to the boat show for me.
Mark

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

http://www.sailmail.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a really nice boat, Uncle Mark. One of these days I'll have to get down and visit (seems like I've said that before). I'm south of Riverside in Temecula - an hour from the ocean but it might as well be Neveda, if you know what I mean. I'm guessing you're out of the delivery business now...is there any money being made doing deliveries right now or has it slowed down? I'd be interested if there was; I'm getting beat up by the mortgage meltdown! Well, drop me a line if you get a chance. daletillman@roadrunner.com