Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Capt. notes

Back in Miami where my cell phone, wireless Internet, satellite TV,  and sattilite radio all work; in fact all the rest of the systems on board Stray Cat are in commission.
 After a couple of months in a beautiful island country like the Dominican Republic where the most often heard expression is tranqcuilo, the local news here is a  social shock. A stream of items that make me wonder. People often ask me if it is frightening to sail to the various island countries I visit, it doesn't but I wonder what visitors to the U.S. think when they see or hear our local and national news.
It's good to be back though, to catch up with friends and family is very nice. Slipping into the roll of Charter Captain again which assumes the ancillary rolls of marketing,advertising, teacher,maintenance technician and boat owner; one who pours all available money back into the boat, feels good too.
I can't say enough good things about the D.R. I will sail there again next year. I more or less forgot I had a camera on board so I only have a few pictures but I will post those to the site this week.
Mark

No comments: