Friday, October 06, 2006

Offshore Abaco, the Bahamas

Off shore Abaco, the Bahamas

Captain notes:
Well I'm back in the routine of regular charters having just completed a one week cruise of the Abaco islands. The weather was fine for the trip and my gusts, a really nice couple, their two children and "nanny" from Canada enjoyed a lot of snorkeling, beach combing and dinners on shore. We were not lucky fishing but we saw several sea turtles and a few pods of dolphins.
When my guest departed I was to begin sailing for Miami where I would have had some fine carpentry (joinery on boats) done but a low over Florida caused winds up to thirty five knots with big seas for the last four days so I just sat.
I'm just off the south cost of Great Abaco now making for the north cost of the Berry islands at Little Stirrup where I will anchor for the night.
Mark

No comments: