Monday, September 11, 2006

Nassau, Bahamas


Monday, September 11
Nassau, Bahamas

Chapter 13.
Getting close. Spent the last 2 days basically motor sailing in light winds up through the Bahamas. Nothing like the great ride we had in the Trades getting here. The Gulf Stream was also pretty quiet and we arrive Miami with mixed feelings. Only change is the fish score which is now 2 barracuda and 1 blue fin tuna in favor of the good guys (us). Not sure either of us is happy to be back as this has been a truly enjoyable trip. Dominican Republic is a fabulous place to visit. Think both of us would like to go back and see more of the country and, who knows, maybe it will happen next year.

The End

Stuart

Personal note - I wish I could come up with words to thank Mark, but they would not express what I really would like to say. We have been together on Stray Cat for slightly more than 3 months and not a voice has been raised or a harsh word spoken in this time. A real tribute to the kind of person Mark is. You have to understand that Stray Cat is Mark's home and he is used to doing things in a certain way and in his own routine. Even though I had previously sailed with him 3 or 4 times, I think that my coming aboard for this trip must have been like having an in-law arrive for a visit and never leave. On top of that, I am not the kind of person to sit back and watch. I want to be involved and have my hands on everything (except maybe cleaning the shower sumps). To Mark's eternal credit, he had the patience to teach, listen and ask for my input throughout the cruise even though in many instances this impinged on his 'territory'. To anyone who reads this, I would say that if you want to spend an enjoyable time on a sailboat charter either learning or just kicking back and enjoying life, you could not find a more likeable, competent or enjoyable person to do it with. With any luck maybe we will do something similar next year.

Stuart

No comments: