Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Nigt passage

ZCZC SEAMAIL Ship v6.0 Xaxero Software
MAIL FOR: ships log
TRACKING: 1138238433
Wednesday, January, 25, 2006, 20:20 UTC
under way mid gulf stream

I sailed from Miami at about 5:00 PM today into the teeth of a cold front passage. Sometimes I have little choice since as is the case this time I made this appointment for a charter many weeks ago. Well anyway, the wind is out of the north at about 20-25 kts and the stream flows north in opposition to it so the result is seas between 8 and 10' with an occasional 12 footer, how nice.
The stars are out in a fine clear way and it is warm for a cold front, so what's not to like? Not much traffic out here tonight, there has only been four ships so far. I can just see a low loom of light on the horizon which should be Bimini or I have made a big navigational error.
I will make landfall around Midnight, get some sleep and sail for Nassau in the morning
All for now,
Mark.

NNNN
/EX

To reply to the sender please address to "KUS1109@cruiseEmail.com"
Please NO attachments
This service provided by http://www.cruiseEmail.com

No comments: