Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Allen's Cay, Bahamas

ZCZC SEAMAIL Ship v6.0 Xaxero Software
MAIL FOR: ships log
TRACKING: 1140028579
Wednesday, February, 15, 2006, 13:39 UTC
Allen's Cay, Bahamas

Guest: Steve, Cody and the Lleidas

Our trip began by bringing our luggage on the boat and deciding who sleeps where. Then, before sailing off, we topped off the tanks with gas and we were ready to go. The cast of this journey includes Mom (Dolores), Dad (Chris), myself (Cody) and my good friend Steven and, of course, the star of the show, Captain Mark. Our first morning started off with some beautiful sunny weather with some chilly winds and a lot of excitement at the prospect of our journey. Our Captain Mark sat down with us and had a talk about all the safety procedures and how to handle all emergency situations. As we shipped off from Nassau on our trip through some of the Bahamian islands, we found that the wind was perfect for putting up the sails and basically LETTING IT RIP! So, my Dad and the Captain took care of putting up the sails, and then we really started moving. My Mom and Steve started getting a little seasick throughout the day, but a Gravol and a little R&R helped them a lot. My stomach is like an iron pot, yet I was feeling queasy, go figure. As the day wore on, I felt a little tired from lack of sleep the night before, so Steve and I watched Monster In Law (was funny) and then took a nap. Before I knew it, we were anchored in our spot right next to Allen's Cay and dinner was also ready. Captain Mark had cooked us some delicious steaks and my Dad cooked the rest (potatoes, veggies). I did my part by making the salad which, if I do say so myself, was quite good. After everyone was done, we all sat and talked about a wide variety of topics. From the animal kingdom to the Olympics to the origins of certain religions, we talked about a bunch of stuff. In any case, there was a bottle of wine that was nearly done and soon we all were tired after a long day on the ship and each shipped ourselves off to bed. Before I went to hit the sack, I stood outside for a cigarette and looked at all the other boats in the bay, and a pretty sight

No comments: