Monday, August 08, 2005

Sail to Allens Cay

ZCZC SEAMAIL Ship v6.0 Xaxero Software
MAIL FOR: ships log
TRACKING: 1123518848
Monday, August, 08, 2005, 12:47 UTC
the Exuama's

Guest Sophie, age sixteen:
I've been at sea for four days now and already miss land. Not enough to quit my journey though. I suppose I miss the necessities of living in a house, the showers, toilets, hairdryer's and so on. Fortunately I have some of the best company around. My father the eccentric grown up little kid who sweats profusely near a grill and my mother the over protective wild child who when she was a kid would most likely have been the one to suggest playing with fire works have not yet started to annoy me. Yay! No forgetting the other family that we share our adventures with is completely crazy. The good kind of crazy though. The father (a motivational speaker) is completely out of his mind, he talks in a made up language only he and all of his imaginary friends can understand. The mother reminds me of my own except less adventurous. She doesn't like the water and takes pleasure in jumping off the front end of the boat. Nicole their daughter is 3 or 4 years younger than me. We have a lot in common I guess but there still is an age barrier we can't connect on. She is outgoing and wild so we're a non stop-laughing group. Then there is the captain, one in a million. A mix of Gene Kelly and Jack Sparrow, the hidden smile, no bs and lots of charm. Sure he took us to a place where he thought was another and only has one working engine but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Today I'm going to make it national pirate talk day, full of "ahoy matey" and terms like "scallywag"! I'm brilliant.

Everything seems ten times better out here, except maybe the bottled water. It all looks so delicate. It reminds of when I was a toddler and my mother would scold me if I touched anything in a pottery store. "You can look but don't touch Sophie" she would say. The water looks like glass and our boat a sharp blade cutting through the shiny material. At night you can pin point every star and make up your own constellations. But if you reach your hand up to high you might put a crack in the sky. The breeze for the past dew days has been awesome. It's just enough to make the weather bearable. We've been snorkeling where a reef had been terminally damaged from a storm and everything was dark excluding the fish. Every animal was so vivid due to their bright colors and the brown coral. Then a selective few and I snorkeled an amazing un-destructed reef where every peace of coral was more vivid than the last, the population of fish grew and more and more fish traveled in schools. The captain pointed to a school of fish swimming directly next to my left shoulder, the most beautiful blue fish I'd ever seen, but the surprise wasn't the school it was the barracuda swimming next to the school. Obviously I decided to swim the opposite way but then ran into a massive amount of different types of jellyfish. That's when I decided that I had seen enough of that reef.
We made a quick shopping stop in Nassau to buy groceries and take a stroll through the straw market where I found an adorable red necklace with a shell attached. The next day we were on the water again off on an eight hour journey to a small island in the middle of nowhere with no convenience store, but iguana's. We stepped foot on the infested island and thought, they thought, we were lunch. The islands were swarming with big and little iguanas. The wild mother of mine and crazy father of the other family decided they would scare them offnot a good idea, more came, more angry than before, or so we thought. Later we noticed tourists flocking to the island feeding them snacks and such petting the iguanas as if they were house cats. They weren't threatening us, they wanted food. Oh well. Back at sea, hot and sweaty again.

NNNN
/EX

To reply to the sender please address to "KUS1109@cruiseEmail.com"
Please NO attachments
This service provided by http://www.cruiseEmail.com

No comments: