Tuesday, July 26, 2005

engine failure

ZCZC SEAMAIL Ship v6.0 Xaxero Software
MAIL FOR: ships log
TRACKING: 1122382005
Tuesday, July, 26, 2005, 10:16 UTC
Berry island, Bahamas

Capt. note:
I have been battling a fresh water cooling problem on the port engine for a month; I now know that the engine has a cracked block, no repair. I have ordered two new engines which will be available to me next week.
I'm on charter at Bimini now and will complete this trip in Miami on the 31st. I will have a quick turn around and head out for Nassau to meet the Nash family (my Dentist) for a week of fun with them in the upper Exumas.
When I return I'll take Stray Cat out of commission and out of the water to install the new engines, two new shafts, props, cutlass bearings, couplings and seals. If I don't go broke first I will install a large solar array and two new 12vdc refrigerators. All up I will probably spend 26k; get ahead, break even, a sailor's life.
I had the best time with a group of Girl Scouts and their three troop leaders for a week in the Keys; look for their pictures on the web site next week. They took instruction very well and could set sail and hold a true course respectably. They were all very polite and helped with ships duties; talk about feeling like a grandfather!
On that subject, my youngest granddaughter Nicole Marie Macias graduated high school two weeks ago and also lost her status as youngest since Kelly and Christopher called to announce the birth of Ocean my new youngest granddaughter, wow.
I preformed a wedding ceremony on the fore deck last night at Honeymoon Harbor for my current guests Brian and Kimberly Hennessy; everyone had a goodtime under the stars anchored just off a white crescent beach.

NNNN
/EX

To reply to the sender please address to "KUS1109@cruiseEmail.com"
Please NO attachments
This service provided by http://www.cruiseEmail.com

No comments: