Thursday, September 20, 2012

Up Date

Been quite a while since my last post so here's a bit of a catch up:

> Thankfully I've only had to deal with one hurricane threat so far this
> season, lets keep our fingers crossed going forward. That storm was a near
> miss for the Bahamas, the strongest wind was mostly felt in gusts at around
> 45 kts. It was a rain event in most areas but the last thing New Orleans
> needed was a rain event. My guests at the time were relieved when I let
> them know they would miss the main event by one day when they would be
> safely at home.
> Maintenance issues this year were double that of most years in expenses
> and hassle factor.
> I had to haul the boat three times for out of the water work, then things
> just started to wear out like:
> The ceramic top stove, the water heater, freezer, refrigerator, Port
> transmission, anchor, chain, rode, Genoa, starboard head, at the helm VHF
> radio, radar, motor mounts of both engines, props reconditioned on both
> sides. All up $44,000; that bites but it's nice to have new stuff, ha!
> BOAT=break out another thousand, lol.
> Stray Cat is back in the water here in West Palm Beach looking pretty and
> set to go back to the Bahamas where I had such a good season in the Exumas
> Islands. The water is always crystal clear there but this season, well it
> just took my breath away.
> Sadly my older sister Pat passed away after an eight week battle with
> cancer. I was able to get away to New Hampshire to be with her and other
> family members before she passed. The cycle continues, my Granddaughter
> Kathryn gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Ellie. I now have six
> great grand daughters.
> I went to Honduras to check the Bay Islands as a possible place to
> relocate. I'm still thinking about that. I will be going to Cancun around
> the holidays to spend a week with my children, an annual thing we all enjoy.
> I'm looking forward to the winter/spring season in the Exumas with new
> guests and past friends of Stray Cat.
> Mark
>
-------------------------------------------------
Do not push the "reply" button to respond to this
message if that includes the text of this original
message in your response. Messages are sent over a
very low-speed radio link.

The most concise way to reply is to send a NEW message
to: "Mark" <WDE2159@sailmail.com>
If you DO use your reply button, be sure to delete
the original message text and these instructions
from your reply.

Replies should not contain attachments and should be
less than 5 kBytes (2 text pages) in length.

This email was delivered by an HF private coast station
in the Maritime Mobile Radio Service, operated by the
SailMail Association, a non-profit association of yacht
owners. For more information on this service or on the
SailMail Association, please see the web site at:
http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: