Saturday, February 28, 2009

Last three weeks

After three weeks of no sailing it's good to be underway again, I crossed the Gulf Stream Miami to the Gun Cay cut yesterday in very ruff conditions. This morning I'm easting on the Bahamas Banks in light air (on the nose of course) but making good time at about 7.5 kts, it should reach 82F today. The wind will shift to the southeast (no help there) today with a cold front passage later, a shift to the northwest at 15-20 tonight, that shift will be real good for sailing.

I had to delay this passage because the sea state in the Stream has been 8 to 10 feet with wind gust over thirty for the last three days; the result is, cutting it real thin for meeting with my guests in Nassau.

They will be flying in from Austria tomorrow, so Max if you're reading this, I'll make it, but-just.

I went to the premiere of The Heart is a Drum Machine at the Phoenix Art Museum to see and enjoy my son's success. Chris wrote and directed this documentary about music. Along with his friend and colleague Ryan Page (who produced the movie) both were well received by the six hundred people who came to the opening, but most of all by me and my Daughter and Grand Daughter who came over from southern California; yep I'm a proud Dad. Chris's Mom lives in Phoenix and was also there beaming.

I didn't know this, a drum machine is the electronic device a short handed musician might use to set the rhythm and generally be their percussion section.

Chris interviewed about one hundred celebrities to get their thoughts and feelings about music. People like Maynard James Keenan of the rock group Tool, Steven Drozd of the Flaming Lips' who also scored the film, Elijah Wood, John Frusciante of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and many more.

The widow of Dr. Carl Sagan, Ann Druyan, you may remember her movie Contact, introduced the movie and concluded it. Ann also picked the music of the golden record that was onboard the Voyager space probes 1 and II.

I'll fill in the rest of my three weeks of non sailing in the next entry.

Mark
----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: