Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Miami to Nassau

I haven't made an entry for quite some time so here is the back fill. I did one more week of charter with a very nice family in the Bahamas since the last entry then I sailed back to Coconut Grove. I left Stray Cat there and flew to Phoenix to visit my Son and Granddaughter Ocean. I sent some pictures to Mike to post to the site; Ocean is real cute at three years of age she calls me Pa Pa Mark. I really enjoyed seeing everyone, getting caught up and even driving past my last house.
Back at the Grove I did about seven day charters and what else- boat Maintenance over the next three weeks.
I'm sailing for Nassau right now; I should have started this trip Monday but the wind and sea state made that impossible. Mother Nature sent one more of her best cold fronts down here; I thought that season was over.
I started this morning, currently in very ruff conditions which are not predicted to improve till Saturday. The wind is from 090 at 20 with guests to 35 between have rain squalls. The sea is confused with wave heights at about 4 foot with occasional 6 and building. The sea surfaces temp is 81 and the air is 84. I'll need to sail at least twelve hours today and tomorrow to make Nassau in time to meet my guests. Peggy if your reading this, I have only been late once in all the years so keep the faith.
Call me crazy but it's beautiful out here, the ocean is vivid blue with translucent green wave tops. The course is south so as to avoid pounding into it, as a result I have both sails up making an average eight knots listening to good tunes from my new ipod played through the boats audio system. I better get back to the helm.
Mark

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

http://www.sailmail.com

No comments: